A few weeks ago, before my mom went back to Seattle, we had a visit from my dad, sister and nephew Garret. They came down for the weekend to meet the new babies and pick up my mom to bring her back home. It was so fun to watch Piper and Garret play together. We packed in a busy weekend full of fun - bouncy house, museum, playing toys and even squeezed in a "movie night" watching a 20 min Dora show - complete with popcorn! Fun family time.


Then it was time for us to see what a family life of FIVE was all about. I wasn't sure how we were going to manage without the help of my mom, especially with getting up with Piper in the morning, staying on top of the daily laundry that piles up so fast, meals, dishes, changing diapers...and all the little things that she helped with every day.
But I have to say, the transition went smoothly, and we are feeling more and more confident every day. I have learned to nurse, burp and change both babies by myself, sometimes even in about 30 minutes. We are getting out and about by ourselves, one on one dates with Piper, and as a whole family. My body is recovering nicely, I even was able to hike a 3 mile loop with Mango after dropping Piper off at school. It felt great to be outside!
Last weekend we took Piper sledding and this weekend we went snowshoeing, I am very proud of ourselves for getting out and enjoying the winter. The babies are troopers all snuggled in the front carrier cozy inside Davids down jacket. Here are a few photos for you to enjoy...



Calvin and Jett are proving to be sweet and mellow little guys. They have their moments, but for the most part they are happy and chill most of the time. They are still sleeping a lot, which is nice because it gives us plenty of time to play with Piper or get some work done. Piper's favorite thing to do these days is play with her dollhouse. I am so happy the twins decided to bring this present home from the hospital for Piper. She LOVES it!

This picture is from last night, after the last feeding before bedtime. As you can see I am just as passed out as these little guys and I really did go to bed just before 8 o'clock in the evening. It might have also had something to do with the first margarita I had since not being pregnant anymore! Ye haw...party animal!!!
2 comments:
love it!! they are so cute and props to you guys for making it out on dates together and alone w/ pipes! family of five seems to suit you well!
I'm so impressed with you guys for getting out in the snow! We're trying to remember that this is the stage where the babies are the most portable. We all went to dinner last weekend and decided we better do that as much as possible while Josh can just be cashed out in the car seat.
Post a Comment