Friday, May 25, 2012

Mother's Day outing to Suttle Lake

It was a beautiful Mother's day, such a treat to have such nice weather this early in Spring.

I enjoyed a full weekend of sleeping in for 3 days in a row and waking up to kids fed and breakfast waiting for me.

Way to go daddy!

Getting our little boat out on Suttle Lake near Sisters with all six of us (including Mango) was quite a squeeze.  

We motored around, found a beach to play at and have lunch.  Then found another spot to jump in the lake from.

The mountain lake water was cold, so it was a quick dip!

Here are a few pictures from the days adventure.

Thank you you Piper, Calvin and Jett for making me a mom!  The best job in the world!  I am gladly enduring all the whining, testing and challenges for the LOVE you have let me experience in being your mom.  Your snuggles, your charm, your innocence, your energy, your interests and your sweetness all fills me up with love I never knew before you arrived in my life.

I know our journey together is just beginning, but the pride I feel watching you live and experience life fills me with joy.  Piper riding her new 16 inch wheel bike, I can't even keep up running behind her.  And the boys tearing up the trails on their balance bikes, having so much fun with this new skill.  It's going to be no time until we are all mt. biking together, and probably too soon for comfort that their skills will surpass mine when they launch off boulders or smoothly take the log rides off the trail.

For now I am enjoying the hours we spend cuddled up reading books.  I love that Piper has been devouring big chapter books.  We have recently finished the Little House on the Prairie series, Charlotte's Web and Stuart Little.  Even the boys will sit and listen to book after book after book.


I think we are all happiest outside, looking for bugs, inspecting tree bark, watching birds fly, throwing rocks and sticks in the water.  So this Mother's Day outing was a perfect way to spend the day enjoying each other under the blue sky above.  Even if the whining didn't necessarily stop just because it was Mother's Day!




You three monkeys make me smile!


Peeing outside is such a bonus of summer weather!!

Brave polar bear swimmers unite!  


Pulling out the old traveling hammock has been such a hit.  Literally hours of entertainment for all three kids!  Piper doesn't always take naps anymore, but WE still need the "rest time" enforced.  One afternoon Piper spent over an hour swinging in the hammock, singing and talking to herself the whole time.  Such a great thing!


And of course to our own Mothers, now Grandma Linda and Grandma Alice, you will always be "Mom" to us and we thank the world for all your support, love, and belief in the unique and dare I say amazing individuals you helped shape David and I into.  Love to you both!


No comments: