Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Walk before we RUN

While walking with our three kids in the chariot stroller the other day, David and I came up with a good analogy for getting out and enjoying our life. At the time we were on a little outing, heading to the "Lion Pool" (see older blog for pics of Piper swimming). We were talking about the big travel plans we have for our family and feeling a little overwhelmed with how we were going to make such grand plans happen. We decided that we need to just start getting out and going places and doing things and these outings will give confidence to plan the next adventure. The analogy of needing to walk before we can run came up and we laughed that the very outing we were on was like rolling over before we could sit up...
So that must mean that last week when we took our first family trip to the Oregon Coast, we now have "sat up." This was a very fun and I must say successful first get-a-way. The kids did great on the 4 hour car ride, only needing to stop once to feed the twins. We had a cute little modern house with great beach access. Piper and Mango LOVED running on the beach - getting chased by the waves was favorite activity. The aquarium at Newport was impressive and just so much fun to watch Piper get excited about everything she saw.
The babies weren't as crazy about seeing the ocean for the first time in their little lives, but we had to get them out to feel the salty breeze. I think they will thank us in the future! =-) This is David teaching Piper about never turning your back on a wave. The freezing cold water didn't seem to phase piper...we definitely have a water baby! Fun times had by all...Balancing rocks has become one of David's new favorite past times, he has gotten quite good at it...I liked this picture for its artistic angle of having me and the kids (babies in stroller) in the "mouth" of this balanced rock.
Now we are back home ready to enjoy a nice spring, this picture is with the twins in two Bjorn baby carriers and Piper of course in her stroller. I was out on a walk to the park and I couldn't believe how many people stopped and stared, one family slowed down their car to watch us walk by and most everyone at the park liked to make comments...I think it is a good thing we started out our family with our good looking dog, Mango. We have gotten used to people stopping us to ask about him and make a fuss about how cute he is. Now it is having the twins and a two year old that is the show stopper. That is okay, I know I must look pretty ridiculous...as long as we are getting out and on to the next adventure.

Next up learning to crawl...

3 comments:

KPT said...

Great update!! We're looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Take care.

Unknown said...

Love it!
Michelle, I think you look like SUPER MOM! Well done my friend - you're awesome!

Unknown said...

you five look amazing... thanks for the posts and and pictures and the inspiration!