Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas and Belly Love

Christmas is approaching fast, Piper is beyond excited. So much is going on. She knows that the baby brothers are coming, Santa is coming, Grandma and Grandpa are coming, everything is happening at once. It is so fun to watch her experience all the beauty of the season. She loves all the decorations and music and the anticipation of Santa. Piper loved meeting Santa in person. We were the first ones there, so she got to hang out on Santa's lap while they got the camera all set up. She wasn't scared at all and told him she wanted purple toys for Christmas. She especially liked the candy cane he gave her as a special treat!
We had a fun visit from Uncle Topher for Thanksgiving. He and Piper hit it off from the start and had a blast playing toys, reading books and simply enjoying each others company. This was the 3rd Thanksgiving in a row that Uncle Topher has spent with us, officially making it a fun tradition! Last weekend when I was just about 35 weeks, a few friends gathered to celebrate this pregnancy of twins! Besides the good company and yummy food, the highlight was doing a belly cast. This will be a fun memento for years down the road to help me remember how big my belly really got. And really its getting bigger...it has only been one week, but I don't think the belly cast would fit around my belly today! Yikes.
Not every Pregnant mama will say this, but I really do love being pregnant. I am definitely starting to get uncomfortable, but it is such a special time and unique experience to watch my belly transform to the size it is now. It is weird to look down and not see my toes, but I think my belly is beautiful. I also really love feeling all the movement from the babies inside. It is like a little secret between me and the babies. An amazing connection that no one else can see or feel except us. I remember missing the movement after Piper was born. It is still hard to wrap my mind around the fact that two babies are in there. And even harder for me to imagine what life is going to be like once they come out. I have no idea what to expect, but I do realize it is going to be a wild ride. For now we are enjoying the calm before the storm. I have been taking naps and plan to enjoy a nice breakfast date with David tomorrow morning while Piper is a school.
Send good thoughts our way, hoping to keep these babies cooking another 2 weeks!

2 comments:

ABigDifference said...

Love LOVE love hearing all the exciting things that are going on Michelle! Know that I am praying for you all and love you...met a good friend Andy here in Thailand from Bend and you all came rushing to my mind again...love you! Love, Amy

the o's said...

i love that you are blogging... even w/ our phone-tag, i can keep up w/ what's going on with team staley! hope to chat soon! xoxo, the o's!